Beyond the Sea, a human-sized company based in the Bay of Arcachon, is a start-up created in 2014 by Yves Parlier, a sailor with multiple victories in ocean races.
Today, the company develops and markets kites for the traction of pleasure boats, the LibertyKite®. This kite brings safety to sailors by allowing them to return to port in the event of engine failure or dismasting. In addition, thanks to the fuel savings achieved, it also provides the autonomy required for transoceanic voyages. At the same time, the start-up is developing the SeaKite®, an automatic kite steering system for larger boats such as pleasure craft, trawlers and merchant navy freighters, which will eventually enable them to make significant savings in fossil fuels and reduce greenhouse gas emissions!
Through its programme, Beyond the Sea is fundamentally involved in major environmental and societal issues and therefore proposes innovative solutions, at the cutting edge of technology, which are perfectly in line with the “Blue Growth” strategy, which aims at a sustainable development and growth of the maritime sector, in the search for environmental preservation.
- Project manager at heart,
- You have significant experience in ocean racing,
- You have a strong appetite for sailing and the maritime world,
- You are known for your team spirit, your analytical skills, your dynamism, your autonomy, and you have good communication and adaptation skills,
- You are motivated by environmental issues,
- Kiteboarding is a plus,
- English language skills are appreciated.
As a member of the operational department, your mission will be to coordinate, manage and organize the SeaKite project: Beyond the Sea’s laboratory ship and kite traction demonstrator.
- Management and responsibility of the crew, distribution of tasks;
- Participation in the preparation and optimisation of the boat;
- Organisation of various convoys and events;
- Participation and representation at various events (e.g. trade shows);
- Preparation of the boat’s schedule and the test schedule;
- Preparation of the SeaKite Odyssey;
- Participation in the SeaKite system tests;
- Follow-up of work and modifications in collaboration with all departments (communication, technical, commercial…);
- Link, reporting, with the management and with the communication department;
- Relationship with partners, suppliers, ship owners;
- Participation in the search for sponsors.
You will participate in the development of an innovative and promising project. Joining us is an opportunity to gain rewarding experience and develop your skills within a multidisciplinary, dynamic, passionate team that is sensitive to environmental issues.
All travel, accommodation and meal expenses will be paid for when travelling to events, with proof of payment.
- Full time job, permanent contract
- Position based: 1010, avenue de l’Europe – 33260 La Teste de Buch
Simply send your CV to email@example.com