Beyond the Sea, a human-sized company based on the Bay of Arcachon, is a start-up founded in 2014 by Yves Parlier, a sailor with multiple ocean racing victories.
Today, the company develops and markets kites for towing pleasure boats, the LibertyKite®. This kite brings safety to sailors, enabling them to return to port in the event of engine failure or dismasting. What’s more, thanks to fuel savings, it also provides the autonomy needed for transoceanic voyages. At the same time, the start-up is developing SeaKite®, an automatic kite-piloting system designed for larger vessels such as pleasure craft, trawlers and merchant navy freighters, which will eventually make substantial savings in fossil fuels and reduce greenhouse gas emissions!
Through its program, Beyond the Sea is fundamentally committed to major environmental and societal issues, and offers innovative, cutting-edge solutions that fit in perfectly with the “Blue Growth” strategy, which aims for sustainable development and growth in the maritime sector, in the pursuit of environmental preservation.
Student at engineering school or equivalent master’s degree, specializing in IT and WEB technologies:
- You have knowledge of WEB technologies: HTML/JS/CSS, nodeJS, react/vue frontend framework;
- You’re used to working with Git and are at ease on Linux;
- You’re a self-starter, curious and organized, with a taste for technological innovation and teamwork.
- Knowledge of embedded systems (C programming) would be a plus.
- Take charge of the development/improvement of existing WEB/Linux tools;
- Front-end development: development/improvement of a GUI for customers, optimization of architecture/ergonomics;
- Development/improvement of backend code that communicates with the GUI: database management, real time with GUI, http API, etc… ;
- Unit testing of server-side code;
- Development of various tools used internally by the technical team.
Why join Beyond the Sea?
You’ll be taking part in the development of an innovative and promising project. Joining us is an opportunity to gain rewarding experience and develop your skills at the heart of a multi-disciplinary, dynamic team that is passionate and sensitive to environmental issues.
When traveling to events, all travel, accommodation and meal expenses will be covered, upon presentation of receipts.
Possibility of teleworking 1 day / week.
Position based: 1010, avenue de l’Europe 33260 La Teste de Buch
Simply send your CV to email@example.com