Beyond the Sea, a human-sized company based on the Bay of Arcachon, is a start-up founded in 2014 by Yves Parlier, a sailor with multiple ocean racing victories.
Today, the company develops and markets kites for towing pleasure boats, the LibertyKite®. This kite brings safety to sailors, enabling them to return to port in the event of engine failure or dismasting. What’s more, thanks to fuel savings, it also provides the autonomy needed for transoceanic voyages. At the same time, the start-up is developing SeaKite®, an automatic kite-piloting system designed for larger vessels such as pleasure craft, trawlers and merchant navy freighters, which will eventually make substantial savings in fossil fuels and reduce greenhouse gas emissions!
Through its program, Beyond the Sea is fundamentally committed to major environmental and societal issues, and offers innovative, cutting-edge solutions that fit in perfectly with the “Blue Growth” strategy, which aims for sustainable development and growth in the maritime sector, in the pursuit of environmental preservation.
You are preparing a BAC + 5 degree specialized in textiles and are looking for a 6-month end-of-study internship:
- You have good communication skills in French and English, enabling you to deal with external technical partners;
- You are autonomous, curious, versatile and enjoy working in a team;
- Knowledge of the maritime environment or kiteboarding is a plus.
As a member of the Engineering Department, you will play an active role in innovation and research at Beyond the Sea, and in improving the products and services we develop.
- Characterization of materials used to manufacture kites (fabrics and lines);
- Development of specific test protocols for textile materials (load resistance, wear, UV, temperature, humidity);
- Establish fabric aging control plans;
- Analysis and reporting of material tests;
- Research into the latest textile technologies and assembly processes.
Why join Beyond the Sea?
You’ll be taking part in the development of an innovative and promising project. Joining us is an opportunity to gain rewarding experience and develop your skills at the heart of a multi-disciplinary, dynamic team that is passionate and sensitive to environmental issues.
Possibility of teleworking 1 day / week.
Position based: 1010, avenue de l’Europe 33260 La Teste de Buch
Simply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org