Beyond the Sea, a human-sized company based on the Bay of Arcachon, is a start-up founded in 2014 by Yves Parlier, a sailor with multiple ocean racing victories.
Today, the company develops and markets kites for towing pleasure boats, the LibertyKite®. This kite brings safety to sailors, enabling them to return to port in the event of engine failure or dismasting. What’s more, thanks to fuel savings, it also provides the autonomy needed for transoceanic voyages. At the same time, the start-up is developing SeaKite®, an automatic kite-piloting system designed for larger vessels such as pleasure craft, trawlers and merchant navy freighters, which will eventually make substantial savings in fossil fuels and reduce greenhouse gas emissions!
Through its program, Beyond the Sea is fundamentally committed to major environmental and societal issues, and offers innovative, cutting-edge solutions that fit in perfectly with the “Blue Growth” strategy, which aims for sustainable development and growth in the maritime sector, in the pursuit of environmental preservation.
In your final year of engineering school or equivalent, you are looking for an internship:
- You are recognized for your organizational skills;
- You show initiative, autonomy, ability to learn and to synthesize information;
- You have a taste for innovation and are technically curious;
- You are a team player with excellent interpersonal skills;
- You are familiar with Rhino 3D software;
- Experience of kiting and/or paragliding is a major asset.
Under the supervision of the test manager and in collaboration with the technical department, you will be involved in organizing, planning and carrying out tests of our Seakite system at sea or on land:
- Participate in defining test safety rules;
- Optimization of LSK test strategy / implementation of test improvement actions;
- Drafting of test protocols;
- Drafting and analysis of test reports based on experimental results;
- Identify and analyze problems encountered, and propose improvements;
- Participation in technical meetings and regular contact with the various project stakeholders;
- Participate in land and boat trials with the team.
Why join us?
You will participate in the development of an innovative and promising product. You’ll work as part of a multi-disciplinary, dynamic team, passionate about and committed to preserving the environment.
All travel, accommodation and meal expenses will be reimbursed on presentation of receipts.
One day of teleworking per week possible.
Position based: 1010, avenue de l’Europe, La Teste de Buch.
Simply send your CV to email@example.com