Beyond the Sea, a human-sized company based on the Bay of Arcachon, is a start-up founded in 2014 by Yves Parlier, a sailor with multiple ocean racing victories.
Today, the company develops and markets kites for towing pleasure boats, the LibertyKite®. This kite brings safety to sailors, enabling them to return to port in the event of engine failure or dismasting. What’s more, thanks to fuel savings, it also provides the autonomy needed for transoceanic voyages. At the same time, the start-up is developing SeaKite®, an automatic kite-piloting system designed for larger vessels such as pleasure craft, trawlers and merchant navy freighters, which will eventually make substantial savings in fossil fuels and reduce greenhouse gas emissions!
Through its program, Beyond the Sea is fundamentally committed to major environmental and societal issues, and offers innovative, cutting-edge solutions that fit in perfectly with the “Blue Growth” strategy, which aims for sustainable development and growth in the maritime sector, in the pursuit of environmental preservation.
As a student with 5 years of higher education in business/entrepreneurship or communications/marketing, you are looking for a 6-month internship with a sense of responsibility:
- You are highly autonomous;
- You are familiar with the world of business, patronage and sponsorship;
- You know how to manage a project from start to finish;
- You are able to manage several projects simultaneously;
- You’re not afraid to canvass and negotiate with numerous potential sponsorship partners;
- You are an Excel expert;
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to express yourself both orally and in writing;
- You are tenacious and pugnacious, and enjoy working as part of a team.
As a member of the communications department, the sponsorship manager will play an active role in finding partners for Le SeaKite, the ambassador vessel for the decarbonization of the seas:
- You will assist the Communications and Partnerships Manager in the search for new sponsors and partners, as well as in retaining existing partnerships;
- You will identify the companies to target (sharing common values with Beyond the Sea) and the right people to contact within them;
- You will create the materials needed to convince sponsors;
- You will negotiate the terms of future partnerships with sponsors;
- You will be responsible for monitoring these partnerships, both legally and financially;
- You will carry out communication actions through various channels;
- You will act as a link between partners and the operational and technical teams;
- You will be responsible for representing the company to future partners and sponsors;
- You will participate in the organization of events and trade shows, as well as managing media relations to obtain maximum press coverage.
Why join Beyond the Sea?
You will participate in the development of an innovative and promising project. Joining us is an opportunity to gain rewarding experience and develop your skills at the heart of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team that is passionate about environmental issues.
For travel to events, all travel, accommodation and meal expenses will be covered, with receipts.
6 months Internship
One day of teleworking per week possible.
Position based: 1010, avenue de l’Europe 33260 La Teste de Buch
Simply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org