Beyond the Sea, a human-sized company based on the Bay of Arcachon, is a start-up founded in 2014 by Yves Parlier, a sailor with multiple ocean racing victories.
Today, the company develops and markets kites for towing pleasure boats, the LibertyKite®. This kite brings safety to sailors, enabling them to return to port in the event of engine failure or dismasting. What’s more, thanks to fuel savings, it also provides the autonomy needed for transoceanic voyages. At the same time, the start-up is developing SeaKite®, an automatic kite-piloting system designed for larger vessels such as pleasure craft, trawlers and merchant navy freighters, which will eventually make substantial savings in fossil fuels and reduce greenhouse gas emissions!
Through its program, Beyond the Sea is fundamentally committed to major environmental and societal issues, and offers innovative, cutting-edge solutions that fit in perfectly with the “Blue Growth” strategy, which aims for sustainable development and growth in the maritime sector, in the pursuit of environmental preservation.
Holder of a degree at the bachelor’s or master’s level in a technical field (engineering, mechanical, electronics, etc.):
• You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar position;
• You have a good understanding of complex systems (including mechanical, electronic, etc.) and the ability to maintain a high-level overview;
• You possess excellent writing and synthesis skills;
• You have an investigative mindset and strong analytical abilities;
• You are fluent in both French and English;
• You have a strong interest in topics related to new technologies;
• You are rigorous, organized, methodical, and enjoy teamwork.
Within the engineering department and under the Technical Department’s umbrella, you will actively contribute to documenting technologies and procedures developed by Beyond the Sea:
• Understanding the operation of complex systems (including mechanical, electronic, etc.) as well as system implementation procedures;
• Synthesizing and simplifying information;
• Creating illustrations for technical documentation;
• Implementing procedures and standards to enhance overall documentation rigor within the company:
• Standardizing technical documentation across the company through the production of templates and guidelines;
• Analyzing technical specifications and plans.
Why join Beyond the Sea?
You will participate in the development of an innovative and promising project. Joining us is an opportunity to gain rewarding experience and develop your skills at the heart of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team that is passionate about environmental issues.
As part of travel requirements for events, all expenses including transportation, accommodation, and meals will be covered upon presentation of receipts.
Full-time employment on a permanent contract (CDI).
One day of teleworking per week possible.
Position based: 1010, avenue de l’Europe 33260 La Teste de Buch
Simply send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org