Beyond the Sea, a human-sized company based on the Bay of Arcachon, is a start-up founded in 2014 by Yves Parlier, a sailor with multiple ocean racing victories.
Today, the company develops and markets kites for towing pleasure boats, the LibertyKite®. This kite brings safety to sailors, enabling them to return to port in the event of engine failure or dismasting. What’s more, thanks to fuel savings, it also provides the autonomy needed for transoceanic voyages. At the same time, the start-up is developing SeaKite®, an automatic kite-piloting system designed for larger vessels such as pleasure craft, trawlers and merchant navy freighters, which will eventually make substantial savings in fossil fuels and reduce greenhouse gas emissions!
Through its program, Beyond the Sea is fundamentally committed to major environmental and societal issues, and offers innovative, cutting-edge solutions that fit in perfectly with the “Blue Growth” strategy, which aims for sustainable development and growth in the maritime sector, in the pursuit of environmental preservation.
Holder of a degree at the bachelor’s or master’s level, with a specialization in mechanical engineering or naval construction:
• You have at least 5 years of experience in a similar position, within the naval industry;
• You possess expert-level proficiency in CAD tools (SolidWorks, Rhino3D);
• You have strong knowledge in mechanical design, sizing, materials resistance, and drafting;
• You master the specific standards and requirements of the maritime environment;
• You are autonomous, rigorous, and precise;
• You enjoy teamwork and have good adaptability skills;
• Knowledge in electrical installations and wiring is a plus.
Within the engineering department and under the Technical Department’s umbrella, you will actively contribute to integrating systems developed by Beyond the Sea onto vessels:
• Design and sizing of mechanical parts and assemblies based on stress calculations;
• Drafting of concepts developed by the technical team, and integration into existing vessel plans, adapting plans as the project progresses;
• Participation in detailed drafting and creation of graphical documents related to systems developed by Beyond the Sea, in accordance with specific standards and requirements;
• Providing support to site managers and construction supervisors in the installation of systems designed by Beyond the Sea;
• Conducting feasibility studies in collaboration with the rest of the engineering team.
Why join Beyond the Sea?
You will participate in the development of an innovative and promising project. Joining us is an opportunity to gain rewarding experience and develop your skills at the heart of a dynamic, multidisciplinary team that is passionate about environmental issues.
As part of travel requirements for events, all expenses including transportation, accommodation, and meals will be covered upon presentation of receipts.
Full-time employment on a permanent contract (CDI).
One day of teleworking per week possible.
Position based: 1010, avenue de l’Europe 33260 La Teste de Buch
Simply send your CV to email@example.com