Beyond the Sea, a human-sized company based in the Bay of Arcachon, is a start-up created in 2014 by Yves Parlier, a sailor with multiple victories in ocean races.
Today, the company develops and markets kites for the traction of pleasure boats, the LibertyKite®. This kite brings safety to sailors by allowing them to return to port in the event of engine failure or dismasting. In addition, thanks to the fuel savings achieved, it also provides the autonomy required for transoceanic voyages. At the same time, the start-up is developing the SeaKite®, an automatic kite steering system for larger boats such as pleasure craft, trawlers and merchant navy freighters, which will eventually enable them to make significant savings in fossil fuels and reduce greenhouse gas emissions!
Through its programme, Beyond the Sea is fundamentally involved in major environmental and societal issues and therefore proposes innovative solutions, at the cutting edge of technology, which are perfectly in line with the “Blue Growth” strategy, which aims at a sustainable development and growth of the maritime sector, in the search for environmental preservation.
YOUR PROFILE / SKILLS
- You have a Master’s degree in commerce / international trade,
- You have a first experience in the maritime sector and have a strong interest in it,
- You are familiar with commercial relations, sales techniques, project management and management,
- You have a good command of marketing and strategic analysis,
- You are fluent in English (spoken/written),
- You have a good command of PackOffice, especially Excel,
- You are known for your team spirit and analytical skills, your perseverance, dynamism and autonomy,
- Sailing and/or kiteboarding would be a plus.
As a member of the sales department, your mission will be to audit the existing system in order to propose a sales development strategy for the LibertyKite® and ensure its marketing.
Mission Internal operating strategy:
- Ensure smooth and efficient internal functioning for optimal external development,
- Analysis of the internal audit in order to understand the functioning and the constraints linked to each function / Identification of dysfunctions,
- Definition and implementation of internal processes / tools (data processing, sharing and internal communication),
- Setting up reports (KPI, activity reports, REX etc),
- Team management,
- Training and supervision of trainees, alternates,
- Monthly inventory of LibertyKite® equipment (wings, boxes, accessories, etc.),
- Collaboration with the communication department and the project manager.
External development strategy mission:
- Definition of the marketing mix for a strategic development vision,
- Definition of the LibertyKite® targets,
- Branding & Packaging of LibertyKite®,
- Relationship with distribution networks (renewal of contracts, contracting new retailers),
- Locking in suppliers,
- Definition of a commercial development strategy and elaboration of an action plan,
- Organisation of trade fairs, events and customer referrals,
- Definition of a communication strategy (implementation of ambassador contracts, etc.),
- Search for active ambassadors, network development and maintenance of the activity,
- Creation & animation of a customer / prospect blog.
Business development management mission:
- Identification of potential development opportunities and markets and their feasibility (market study),
- Canvassing of new customers, development of loyalty of current customers,
- Follow-up of the customer portfolio / after-sales service / customer satisfaction / loyalty,
- Management of customer, partner and prospect files (Mailing / Webinar),
- Management of cross-functional services to ensure an optimal experience and satisfaction (technical delivery, etc.),
- Coordination of external service providers and partners (distributors, ambassadors),
- Setting up customer satisfaction surveys,
- Identifying and obtaining government aid for export to foreign artisanal fishing markets,
- Proactive canvassing of French & international races / vessel classes,
- Lobbying of racing vessel classes, ISAF, captive fleet and firemen,
- Relationship with architects and design offices for the design of innovative boats.
- Product range development mission
- Negotiation with product manufacturers,
- Negotiation with key accounts (shipyards, shipyards, etc.)
- Negotiation with subcontractors for KiteBoom manufacturing and shipyards.
You will participate in the development of an innovative and promising project. Joining us is an opportunity to gain rewarding experience and develop your skills within a multidisciplinary, dynamic, passionate team that is sensitive to environmental issues.
All travel, accommodation and meal expenses will be paid for when travelling to events, with proof of payment.
- Full time job, permanent contract
- Position based: 1010, avenue de l’Europe – 33260 La Teste de Buch
Simply send your CV to email@example.com